NUFC Small Business Economic Justice Grants
The Neighbors United Funding Collaborative is accepting grant applications from Small Businesses in the Midway and Union Park areas until grand funds are exhausted.
*NEW FUND* Small Business Recovery Program *NEW FUND*
Starting February 16, 2021 NUFC is providing a new fund for small businesses who lost sales due to the civil unrest, who have yet to receive any financial support. Small local businesses within the Midway and Union Park neighborhoods are welcomed to apply for the Small Business Recovery Funds. The fund provides small businesses with up to $12,000 each to assist the owners with loss of revenue resulting from the May 2020 civil unrest.
- Been in full operation from January 2019 to now.
- Be a fully operational retail/storefront business.
- Can not be a franchise or corporate business.
- Be a business with 1M in sales or less.
- Prove a loss income due to civil unrest between May 25, 2000 and July 20, 2000.
- The business did not receive:NUFC Damage and Rebuild Funds or Federal or State PPP or EIDL loans or grant
Completed applications do not guarantee businesses will receive funding. The NUFC Advisory Committee will be reviewing all applications and conducting due diligence on all submissions. Available until funds are exhausted.
If you need help completing this form or gathering the information needed to complete the form please call Isabel at 651-587-3782.
Profit & loss template https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlgtCORAKT3hOu8Hfy2Eq8RNWOzyHuho/view?usp=sharing
Funds still available
Funds are also still available for the Damage Recovery & Rebuild and Relocation programs.
Damage Recovery Program online application
NUFC has raised over $340,000 to begin reaching at least 21 businesses. Each qualifying business can apply for up to 15K to assist the owners with paying for items such as: smoke and water cleanup, glass replacement, replacement of stolen goods, lost inventory and any other damages they experienced due to the civil unrest and to support the businesses to retain insurance coverage.
Rebuild and Relocation Program online application
NUFC has raised $500,000 to begin reaching at least 10 businesses. Each qualifying business can apply for up to 50K to assist in rebuilding efforts, from total fire loss and/or to help with relocation costs due to eviction as a result of civil unrest or gentrification activities.
- Be a MN Secretary of State registered entity and operate small retail businesses storefront or a nonprofit with a retail or service-based business model for the last three years or more.
- Be located within a half-mile of Allianz Field. Businesses within half-mile of Allianz Field are the fund’s first priority. Note: If you operate a business along University Avenue Corridor and within 3 miles East of Allianz field along University Ave you are invited to apply if you provide proof your business was affected by civil unrest.
- Have annual sales revenue of 2M or less a year.
How to apply
- Apply now by filling out this online application
- Be prepared to have the following information ready when you begin application
- 2018 business (2019 if available) business tax information
- MN State issued ID(s) of all owners
- MN Secretary of State Business filling
- Documents that will support your application (property damage estimates, estimates from contractors, revenue loss, pictures of the damage, ect.)
- Note: If you need assistance in applying please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications can be submitted between 9/17/2020 through 12/20/2020.
- Applicants will be notified by NUFC within 3 weeks after a confirmed and completed application is reviewed and decided upon by the NUFC Advisory Board.
Selection and Funds
- This is a first come, first serve grant opportunity. However, submitting an application does not mean your application is approved or will be approved. All applications must be 100% completed and all information must be confirmed to be in the pool for review.
- If your application for Damage Recovery Program is approved the amount of your grant will not exceed 15K and may be less than 15K. The grant amount depends on actual loss experienced by the business and an accounting for other grant funds the business may have received to assist with the same challenges.
- If your application for Rebuild and Relocation Program is approved the amount of your grant will not exceed 50K and may be less than 50K. The grant amount depends on actual loss experienced by the business and an accounting for other grant funds the business may have received to assist with the same challenges.
NUFC’s team of Small Business Connectors will be working with each applicant to support the process and identify other business needs. If you need help completing this form or gathering the information needed to complete the form please reach out to our Small Business Connectors Sarah Nichols, Joan Dao, and Isabel Chanslor at email@example.com.
If you would like to donate please see more information on our donate page.