Nneka Constantino – Hamline Midway Board Member, Acting Chair
Leah Timberlake Sullivan – Union Park District Council Representative
If you are interested in joining our board please call Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbors United Funding Collaborative Advisory Board
The NUFC’s vision and mission are based on citizen-led change. Advisory Board members will spread the message about NUFC and its purpose. The Advisory Board will encourage the broader community to contribute financial support, determine the process for how individuals and groups apply for funds, review applications, determine the criteria used to review and select projects, and recommend final projects to Union Park District Council for final approval.
Issues promoted by NUFC include, but are not limited, to 1) economic justice and anti-gentrification work by supporting existing and new small local businesses, particularly those owned by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Immigrants, and Woman and 2) community art, placemaking, beautification and protecting the sense of place and health of the Union Park and Hamline-Midway communities. Advisory Board members serve as unpaid volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend Advisory Board meetings (1 to 2 times a month)
- Promote the fund to targeted groups of donors
- Actively participate in fundraising
- Review applications from grant seekers
- Assist with communications and social media posts
- Create processes, criteria, programs and select projects that meet the determined criteria.
- Interest in and/or experience with the two areas of focus identified by the community as priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Be a resident or business owner or non-profit employee within the established geographic area.
- Commitment: 1 year (Average 5 hours/month)
*The terms for members during the start-up period will be staggered to prevent an entire committee from turning over at the same time. Once established, the terms will be one year.
For more information, please contact our Isabel Chanslor at email@example.com