Adrian Perryman – Community Member
Chauntyll Allen – Community Member
Mark Martinez -Union Park Board Member
Omar Syed – Community Member
If you are interested in joining our board please apply here.
Neighbors United Funding Collaborative Advisory Board
The NUFC’s vision and mission are based on citizen-led change. Advisory Board members will spread the message about NUFC and its purpose. The Advisory Board will encourage the broader community to contribute financial support, determine the process for how individuals and groups apply for funds, review applications, determine the criteria used to review and select projects, and recommend final projects to Hamline-Midway Coalition and Union Park District Council for selection.
Issues promoted by NUFC include, but are not limited, to 1) economic justice and anti-gentrification work by supporting existing and new small local businesses, particularly those owned by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color Immigrants, and Woman and 2) community art, placemaking, beautification and protecting the sense of place and health of the Union Park and Hamline-Midway communities. Advisory Board members serve as unpaid volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend Advisory Board meetings (1 to 2 times a month)
- Promote the fund to targeted groups of donors
- Actively participate in fundraising
- Review applications from grant seekers
- Assist with communications and social media posts
- Create processes, criteria, programs and select projects that meet the determined criteria.
- Interest in and/or experience with the two areas of focus identified by the community as priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Be a resident or business owner or non-profit employee within the established geographic area.
- Commitment: 1 year* (Average 5 hours/month)
*The terms for members during the start-up period will be staggered to prevent an entire committee from turning over at the same time. Once established, the terms will be one year.
Board Members Will Focus on one of Three Focus Areas:
- Fundraising, Finance, Marketing & Communications
Advisory Board Members will fundraise to increase fund awareness and ultimately grow the community of donors. The objective is to spread the message and encourage the community to make donations to NUFC. Upon advisory committee approval, access may be granted to use any appropriate digital marketing outlets (website, blog, newsletter, press releases, etc.) and/or social media channels to promote active fundraising campaigns and encourage public support.
- Grant distribution to fund local business
Advisory Board Members will cultivate relationships and promote NUFC funds to empower small business growth and sustainability. Members will identify and outreach to small local businesses, especially BIPOC groups. Funds dispersed in this category will support the following initiatives: help entrepreneurs develop and expand operations, support job creation and retention, capital investments, and dynamic innovation that supports a higher quality of life for our community.
- Grant distribution to fund Community Art, Engagement & Enhancements
Advisory Board Members will promote initiatives that bring life and amenities to public spaces and empower community members to take an active role in the creation and maintenance of spaces to gather and play. These funds will provide support, resources, and opportunities to help diverse communities claim space, culture, power, and joy. Volunteers will identify and invite potential/ interested new partners to apply for funding, especially BIPOC groups.
We are currently seeking more board members, if you are interested please fill out this board application.
For more information, please contact our Co-Chairs:
Mark Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrian Perryman at email@example.com