The Advisory Board is a collection of individuals who bring unique knowledge and skills to effectively guide the NUFC. This board plays an important public relations role as well as provides a fresh perspective on programmatic issues.
- Adrian Perryman – Community Member
- Chauntyll Allen – Community Member
- Mark Martinez – Union Park Board Member
- Omar Syed – Community Member
- Terryann Nash – Business Member
The advisory board may evaluate the performance of a program, review/monitor/assess a specific program, advocate on behalf of the community it serves, gather input from and serve as a liaison to relevant constituencies, provide feedback to the organization from the community, provide technical expertise, provide an independent/unbiased sounding board and assist in determining important activities.
Other responsibilities include determine the mission and purpose of a program, articulate the goals, means, and primary constituents to be served, ensure effective planning, monitoring and strengthening of programs and services and ensuring adequate financial resources. Fundraising, Finance, Marketing; Communications Monitor financial reports from the Saint Paul Foundation, establish ongoing fundraising efforts and establish a process to distribute funds to selected projects. Members will establish a communication plan to encourage applications, promote selected projects, and partner with funded projects to report on results.
Midway United Board Application
This is an unpaid volunteer position. The NUFC vision and mission are citizen-led change. Committee members will spread the message about the NUFC and encourage the community to contribute, determine the criteria used to review and select projects, determine the process for how individuals and groups apply for funds, review applications and select projects, and recommend projects for selection. Volunteers will fundraise to increase fund awareness and ultimately grow the community of donors.
Predetermined issues promoted by NUFC include but are not limited to 1) support for small local businesses, particularly those owned by immigrants, women, and people of color and 2)community art, placemaking, beautification and sanitation. The objective is to spread themessage and encourage the community to make donations and generate support for NUFC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commit to serving for one year, 5 hours/month
- Attend committee meetings.
- Promote the fund to targeted groups.
- Actively participate in fundraising
- Review applications
- Select projects that meet the determined criteria.
- Interest in and/or experience with the two areas of focus identified by the community as priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Be a resident or business owner within the established geographic area.
- Provide an essay, short video, or both stating why you want to join this committee and what you would bring to the NUFC.
- Commitment: 1 year* (Average 5 hours/month)
*The terms for members during the start-up period will be staggered to prevent an entire committee from turning over at the same time. Once established, the terms will be one year.
For more information, please contact: